Borrow books, DVD's & more from your library. Return the items to any location.
New Reduced Fines: Fines for items are now $.25 per day with a maximum of $5 per item. Pay fees online or in person at your local branch library.
Use your library card number and PIN to log in to your account online.
|Type of Item||Loan Period||Max. Items||Max. Renewals|
|Most Public & University Items||3 weeks||100||3|
|Music CDs (Public Library)||3 weeks||100||1|
|Music CDs (University)||1 week||100||3|
|Books from Link+||3 weeks||15**||1|
- * "Videos" = DVD, VHS, VCD, BluRay
- **active transactions
- Return items to any location. (SJSU Course Reserves - must be returned to the desk at King Library)
- Use outside book drops for after-hours returns.
- Items returned after-hours are considered returned on the next open day.
- 5 requests at any time.
- Request items online through the Library Catalog. (Library Card number and PIN needed.)
- Not Requestable: CDs, Art Reproductions, California Textbooks, Magazines from Branch Libraries.
- Items are held for 7 days on a self-service hold-shelf at your chosen library.
- Get email or phone notifications (in English) when the item you requested is available.
- Check the status of your requests online in your Library Account or by phone at 1-408-808-BOOK (808-2665).
- It may take up to five business days to be transferred to another location.
- Materials requested by other customers can't be renewed.
- Most materials may be renewed up to 3 times.
- Accessing your Library Account Online.
- Calling the Telephone Renewal System at 1-408-808-BOOK (808-2665). Telephone Renewal System is in English.
- Calling us at 1-408-808-2000.
- Visiting an Accounts Desk or Self-Check Machines in person at any library.
- $.25 per day with a $5 max fee per item.
- Late fees for overdue Link+ items = $1 per day, per item; with a maximum of $15 per item.
- No charges accrue on Sundays or holidays.
- Items are overdue if they are not returned to the library before closing time on their due date.
- Check your account online to view due dates for items and accumulated late fees for overdue items. You must return an item before you can pay any late fees it has accumulated.
- Library sends a courtesy email notification before items are due and 7 days after they becomes overdue.
- Pay online with a credit card: Log into "My Account" and select "Fines", then "Pay Online".
- Pay in person with cash or check.
Lost or Damaged Items
- Public Library Materials: Price of Material/Equipment plus $10 Handling Fee.
- University materials = $80 flat rate plus $20 handling fee.
- Must be paid for in person at the library with cash or check.
- Borrowing privileges may be restricted until charges are paid.
- Failure to pay may result in referral to a collection agency.
Borrowing Privileges for Limited Status Library Cards are identical to those above except:
- You may only have 1 item (of any type) checked out at a time.
- No university materials may be checked out.
- Items cannot be borrowed through Link+.
University materials are subject to recall. You will be notified if an item in your possession is recalled; its due date will be shortened and it may not be renewed. There is no grace period on due dates for recalled items. More Details
Lucky Day Items
- Books check out for three weeks with no renewals.
- DVDs check out for one week with no renewals.
- Holds can't be placed on Lucky Day items.
- Two-item limit on DVDs. No limit on print materials.
- Check out our blog for more information.
eMedia Borrowing Rules
- eMagazines (Zinio, Bookan, EBSCOhost): no limits
- eBooks from TotalBooX, Safari, Books 24x7, Gale, & Biblioboard: no limits
- eMedia from OverDrive, Axis 360, OneClickDigital, enki & EBSCO books: 3-week loan period, 10 max items, renewals allowed
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, eComics: 3 weeks
- eMusic: 7 days
- eMovies & eTelevision: 3 days