How do I update my address?

Please visit any CPL location to update your name or address. You’ll need to show a current, valid ID with your updated information, such as your driver’s license or state ID.

If you don’t have a driver’s license or state ID with your updated information, please bring two pieces of current ID. One of these must include your name and Chicago address. Accepted forms of ID are:

  • Personal check
  • Current telephone, gas, electric or cable bill
  • Mail postmarked within 30 days
  • Voter registration card
  • Student ID
  • Passport