King Library Rooms
Meeting Room Suites 225/229 and Lecture Rooms 255/257 on the 2nd Floor of King Library are available for meetings and public forums sponsored by organizations and groups affiliated with the Library, San José State University, the CSU system, or the City of San José. These rooms can also be scheduled on a one-time use basis by community groups which meet requirements. If you wish to tour the room(s) you are requesting, please make an appointment with the appropriate Meeting Room Coordinator below.
To Reserve (CONTACT APPROPRIATE MEETING ROOM COORDINATOR BELOW):
Be aware of:
- Meeting Room Business/Public Use Policy (incl. room descriptions, scheduling process, setup, catering, media)
- More Things You Should Know About Meeting Rooms
Meeting Room Coordinators:
- Candice McGee 1-408-808-2011 - all University or Community Organizations
- Marti Zarate 1-408-808-2163 - all City of San José Dept. reservations (City Staff Only)
Branch Community Rooms
Not-for-profit community groups can use the Community Rooms at every branch library.
To Reserve (CONTACT BRANCH DIRECTLY):
- Fill out the Application Form (DOC, 64.5 KB)
- Submit it to the selected branch
Be aware of:
- Almaden : 69 capacity, sink + overhead projector / digital hook-ups
- Alum Rock : 100 capacity + sink
- Alviso : 60 capacity + sink
- Bascom : 76 capacity, sink + overhead projector /digital hook-ups
- Berryessa : 124 capacity + sink
- Biblioteca Latinoamericana : 110 capacity + sink
- Calabazas: 46 capacity, sink + overhead projector / digital hook-ups
- Cambrian : 100 capacity, sink + AV equipment / digital hookups
- East San José Carnegie : 54 capacity, sink + digital hook-ups
- Edenvale : 100 capacity + sink
- Educational Park: 72 capacity + sink
- Evergreen : 112 capacity + sink
- Hillview : 50 capacity + sink
- Joyce Ellington : 75 capacity + sink
- Pearl Avenue : 55 capacity, sink + overhead projector
- Rose Garden : 78 capacity, sink + AV equipment
- Santa Teresa : 100 capacity, sink + AV equipment/digital hookups [Video Tour]
- Tully : 109 capacity, sink + digital hook-ups [Video Tour]
- Village Square: 107 capacity + sink
- Vineland : 95 capacity + kitchen
- West Valley : 209 capacity (75 chairs) + sink
- Willow Glen : 50 capacity + sink
The library has free high speed wireless Internet access at all of its buildings.
Wireless Access at Branch Libraries
You have free WiFi internet access in and around all branch buildings.
WiFi Hours: Daily, 6:00 AM – Midnight
Wireless Access at King Library
How to Access King WiFi
Access for public library Customers at King Library:
- Connect to the wireless network called "King_Library_WIFI"
- Username: your library card number
- Password: your library PIN
- Wireless network interface card (802.11a, b, or g)
- TCP/IP software installed, properly configured, and active
- Wireless connection capability turned on
- Browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer).
Wireless Printing is available while connected to the wireless network at King Library.
Ask any King Library service point for information or help.
Note: If you use the library’s wireless and need access to the library’s online research resources, eBooks, or eMedia, you will need to log in again with your library account. Thank you for your understanding.
Computers / Print / Copy
You can use all library computers for free, and can pay to print and copy.
Library computers offer free Internet access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software.
Reserve a Computer
You can log in to and reserve these computers with your library account:
- Log in to any library computer if the screen shows that it is Available.
- Reserve time on a library computer up to 4 business days in advance with Reserve a Computer.
Users, Rules, & Policies
Most library buildings have separate computer areas for:
- Teens only
- Children only
- Everyone - Technology Center (quiet) and Internet Café (not as quiet)
You can print from any library computer.
Printing at San José Public Library branches:
- Black & white printing cost: 15¢ per page, up to a $5.00 maximum (or 33 pages) per print job.
- Color printing cost: 65¢ per page.
- Accepted payment: small bills and most coins.
Printing at King Library:
- Printing cost: 20¢ per page.
- Accepted payment: bills or coins.
- Assistance: Ask at any King Library service desk for information or help.
- Wireless Printing: available if you are connected to WiFi at King Library.
You can make paper-to-paper black and white photocopies at any library building: